Suprex® Reader Extender
Wireless Suprex® Long-Range Reader Extender
How it works:
The SPX-5641 is a pair of units: The Remote Unit connects to the reader and door hardware, and the Central Unit connects to the panel, with a wireless connection in between. The SPX-5641 supports reader LED and auxiliary I/O signals, as well as dry contact relay outputs for activating doors and gates. Both the Central and Remote units have weather-resistant IP65 enclosures. The 2.4 GHz wireless connection uses the IEEE 802.15.4 wireless protocol.
Connect up to 8 readers in an area by using the Wireless Suprex with EXP-2000 Expansion
Pairs (1 pair per additional reader).
- Exceeds typical 500 ft. / 152m Wiegand limitation without wire
- Install readers at remote entrances/gates
- Set up temporary reader locations
- Connect readers across city streets, parking lots, rail roads, and more
- Avoid trenching and pulling cable when installing readers
- Install readers in elevator cabs
- Wireless 2.4GHz
- IEEE 802.15.4 protocol
- Dipole antenna (longer range; directional/requires line of sight)
- 10,000ft. / 3048m range (line-of-sight)
- Supervised communication mode available
Reader/Panel Interface and I/O
- Supports 4-248 bits of credential data
- Supports Wiegand, Wiegand keypad, Strobed/Magstripe, and unsupervised F/2F interfaces
- Supports reader LED and auxiliary digital I/O
- 2 dry contact relay outputs on Central Unit
- 2 dry contact relay outputs on Remote Unit
- Weather-resistant IP65 enclosure
- Dimensions: 9.25 x 7.0 x 2.25 in. / 23.49 x 17.78 x 5.71 cm
- Central/Remote unit weight: 1.3 lbs. / 0.58 kg.
- Storage temperature: -40ºC to 100ºC
- Operating temperature: -30ºC to 60ºC
RS-485 Reader-Extender. Expandable to support up to 8 readers + door hardware with EXP-2000 expansion pairs.
Wireless Repeater for Wireless SPX and HHR products. Extend distance or avoid environmental obstacles.
Standard-Range Wireless Reader-Extender (5,000 ft.), with omnidirectional antenna. Expandable to support up to 8 readers + door hardware with EXP-2000 expansion pairs.