Suprex® Reader Extender
Wireless Suprex® Reader Extender
Use the SPX-5631 Wireless Suprex® Reader Extender to simplify the installation of readers in challenging settings such as sites where roads, railroad tracks, water, buildings or other obstacles are between the reader and the panel, or at sites where it is difficult or impossible to trench and drag cable. Range: 5,000 ft. outdoors with line of sight, depending on environment (for additional range, see the SPX-5641 Extender and the RPT-5651 Repeater).
How it works:
The SPX-5631 is a pair of units: The Remote Unit connects to the reader and door hardware, and the Central Unit connects to the panel, with a wireless connection in between. The SPX-5631 supports reader LED and auxiliary I/O signals, as well as dry contact relay outputs for activating doors and gates. Both the Central and Remote units have weather-resistant IP65 enclosures. The 2.4 GHz wireless connection uses the IEEE 802.15.4 wireless protocol.
Connect up to 8 readers in an area by using the Wireless Suprex with EXP-2000 Expansion
Pairs (1 pair per additional reader).
- Exceeds typical 500 ft. / 152m Wiegand limitation without wire
- Install readers at remote entrances/gates
- Set up temporary reader locations
- Connect readers across city streets, parking lots, rail roads, and more
- Avoid trenching and pulling cable when installing readers
- Install readers in elevator cabs
- Wireless 2.4GHz
- IEEE 802.15.4 protocol
- F-style chip antenna (omnidirectional; less dependent on line of sight)
- 5000ft. / 1524m range (line-of-sight)
- Supervised communication mode available
- Supports 4-248 bits of credential data
- Supports Wiegand, Wiegand keypad, Strobed/Magstripe, and unsupervised F/2F interfaces
- Supports reader LED and auxiliary digital I/O
- 2 dry contact relay outputs on Central Unit
- 2 dry contact relay outputs on Remote Unit
- Weather-resistant IP65 enclosure
- Dimensions: 9.25 x 7.0 x 2.25 in. / 23.49 x 17.78 x 5.71 cm
- Central/Remote unit weight: 1.3 lbs. / 0.58 kg.
- Storage temperature: -40ºC to 100ºC
- Operating temperature: -30ºC to 60ºC
RS-485 Reader-Extender. Expandable to support up to 8 readers + door hardware with EXP-2000 expansion pairs.
Wireless Repeater for Wireless SPX and HHR products. Extend distance or avoid environmental obstacles.
Long-Range Wireless Reader-Extender (10,000 ft.). Expandable to support up to 8 readers + door hardware with EXP-2000 expansion pairs.