The OSM-HUB also has 3 connections on top: one for monitoring the OSDP communication of all devices connected to the HUB, a port for an Access Control Device (or ACU), and one port for “daisy chaining” another OSM-HUB for more ports to add additional OSDP PD’s.
The OSM-HUB features a barrel plug to power all connected devices. The HUB also has a built in 485 chip to help identify when OSDP messages are being passed. The TTL LED will flash every time it detects activity on the 485 bus.
- Each port of the OSM-HUB features one 4 pin connector for Power, Ground. 485+ and 485-.
- One switch turns power on and off for that connection.
- The other switch leaves the 485 polarity as connected, disconnects the 485 bus, or inverts the 485 polarity.
- The LED above the ‘on’ position of each swing signifies whether that connection is powered.
- TTL LED signifies if there is any activity on the OSM-HUB connections.
- When powering the HUB via Barrel Plug, do NOT feed power into any of the other connections.
- If you need to power your PD or ACU separately from the OSM-HUB, do NOT terminate power at the 4 pin connection; connect your power supply directly to the device.